Take in a Local Jacksonville Event During Your Stay
Coming to town to cheer on your team? Looking to catch one of golf's premier showcases? You can't go wrong with the Ramada Jacksonville Hotel & Conference Center. Our location just off I-295 makes it easy to get to the area's major annual events.
Golf Events at TPC Sawgrass
Often called the "fifth major", the Tournament Players' Championship at Sawgrass is one of the biggest events on the PGA Tour. The course is noted for its signature par-3 17th, one of the most iconic and memorable sights in the game. As an added bonus, TPC Sawgrass is one of the few courses on the Tour that allows regular golfers to play the exact course design and layout as the pros in the week following the tournament.
College Football Events
Jacksonville is legendary in college football as the host of "The World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party," known officially as the Florida-Georgia Game. Played at EverBank Field on the last Saturday in October, the game often has huge implications for the SEC and national title picture. Jacksonville also plays host to the TaxSlayer Bowl every New Year's Day.
In small-college football, our hotel is near perennial Pioneer Football League contender Jacksonville University in NCAA Division I FCS, as well as the NAIA's Edward Waters College.
NCAA Basketball Events at JU
Jacksonville University is a veteran host of first- and second-round games in the NCAA basketball tournament—held downtown at Veterans Memorial Arena—and itself boasts a storied Division I basketball program, one of two in the River City. Our hotel is near UNF as well, so no matter where the River City Rumble is contested, you'll be just minutes from the action.
Every year in April, Jacksonville's inventors, creators, and community activists gather downtown for OneSpark, a three-day art, music, and idea festival where local innovators vie for seed money to bring their visions to life. Winners are chosen by festival attendees through a free-to-the-public voting process.
Additional Annual Events Happening in Jacksonville:
- February - Breast Cancer Marathon | The 26.2 with Donna
- March - Gate River Run, Great Atlantic Seafood Festival
- April - George's Music Springing the Blues Festival, Welcome to Rockville
- May - Funk Fest Jacksonville, Jacksonville Jazz Festival, The PLAYERS Championship, World of Nations Celebration
- July - Jacksonville 4th of July Celebrations, The Greater Jacksonville Kingfish Tournament & Festival
- August - Football season kicks off
- September - Sip & Savor Jax: Jacksonville Restaurant Week, Jerk Food Festival
- October - JAXtoberfest, Jacksonville Air Show and Sea & Sky Spectacular, Spooktacular at the Jacksonville Zoo, Jacksonville Symphony Orchestra's season begins
- November - Annual Christmas Tree Lighting Ceremony at the Jacksonville Landing, Jacksonville Light Boat Parade, WinterFEST at Adventure Landing
- December - ZOOLights at the Jacksonville Zoo, New Year's Eve Celebration in Downtown Jacksonville